1) 3 cups (420 grams) all purpose flour
2) 1 teaspoons baking powder
3) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda [我没放]
4) 1/2 teaspoon salt
5) 1 1/2 cups (340 grams) (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
6) 1-8 ounce (226 grams) package cream cheese, room temperature
7) 3 cups (600 grams) superfine or castor sugar
8) 6 large eggs, room temperature
9) 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
10) Zest of a lemon or orange (optional)
Note: To make your own superfine sugar - place 3 cups (600 grams) granulated white sugar in bowl of food processor. Process until very fine, about 30 seconds.
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven. Butter and flour a 10 inch (25 cm) bundt pan. [我用正方脱模]
2) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 - 5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon zest, if using, and beat until incorporated.
4) Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
5) Bake for 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.